Sunday 1 July 2012

Tour de Fleece 2012

The 'Tour de Fleece' on Ravlery kicked off yesterday! If you don't know what it is, then it's a big Spin-along which coincides with the Tour de France. All the spinners on Ravelry join in and aim to spin a bit of wool each day. You can set your own goals and there are lots of different groups / categories you can join.
I am in the Rookies team - for beginner spinners or first time Tour de Fleecers. I am in the Breakaway group for people having a go at art yarns. I plan to spin some Wensleydale curls when I get back home. And I am also in Lantern Rouge - for those who don't think they will be able to spin every day. I am going to give it a good go!
Here is my Day 1 effort:
I have had this bit of Wensleydale sitting at the bottom of my bag for ages. It's a bit compacted and needs a lot of drafting out but it spins up quite well.
I have created a new page on my blog for the Tour de Fleece, so if I don't get to blog every day I can upload photos there!

6 comments:

  1. The Tour de Fleece sounds fun. I don't think I'll be joining in but I have just remembered some cashmere I have that I really should spin up and use for something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like fun, I've not tried spinning yet but as that is a the speciality of my favourite craft shop, no doubt I'll give it a go at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does sound like great fun, I haven't ever tried spinning before either.....one of these days I will though....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing lots more of your spinning Charlotte.....keep up the great work!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Charlotte
    Hope you received the paypal ok

    I've a giveaway on the go and its open to everyone-pop in when you can I'd hate you to miss it :-)

    Keep well

    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being a wool/fleece novice I thought you meant you had some cheese in your bag then! ha ha ha.

    Thanks for following my blog... yours is lovely and I'm following now so look forward to your future posts.

    Gem x http://everydayimstitchin.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete